September 14, 2007

Welcome to Hollywood...

I suppose a bit of me has been un-able to believe that I'm actually living in Hollywood/LA. I think it finally sunk in the other night as I watched a film crew turn the next block over into mini-studio. How often do you see that in Michigan?

Anywho, yes, I watched a crew film a few scenes of The Shield. We even got to stand with the crew and talk to the Location Manger who told us about what they were filming. It was fun to watch them setting up the lights and the equipment. My mom made the comment at one point: "I see a lot of interesting things, but where's the camera?" Watching the crew do there job, hearing the classic: "Rolling!" Be on "set" was just cool.
The crew themselves were interesting to watch because they were characters themselves, you just don't see them on camera, watching them do there job in a very devoted way... reminds you just what goes on behind the scenes of a movie or film. It also shows you why tickets for movies are so expensive, they have to pay all these people that are never seen on camera (unless it's one of those behind scenes documentaries). They were all having a good time and joking around (when they weren't filming); doing last minute things the director decides to to...

I guess it's like the song says: There's No Business Like Show Business

No comments: