March 30, 2008

"The board is set. The pieces are moving."

"Are you excited?"
"Yeah."
"Are you nervous?"
"Yeah."

This exchange I had with my admissions adviser sums up how I feel at the moment. Tomorrow my life starts. Tomorrow I take my first steps into a larger world. Tomorrow I move closer to my destiny.

I hear what I'm feeling is normal... but I can't help but be a bit nervous and a bit overwhelmed. Tomorrow starts the most intense training I've ever experienced. My classes are four hours each; each class having it's own set of challenges.

I'm reminded of a long forgotten memory... I've always hated diving (into water). I remember having to dive off the diving board during a swimming class... I was so scared. I remember my mom telling me to "hold Jesus' hand"... I remember closing my eyes, clenching my fist at my side, taking a deep breath... and jumping.

I'm at one of those points again.

Tomorrow I'll hold Jesus' hand.

1 comment:

Stephanie Hawn said...

awesome!! hope it is going well!! GOOD LUCK!!! :)
love ya!