May 14, 2007

The Important Things in Life

Approximately a year ago, a big graduation ceremony, with a nice open house were top on my list. Almost six months ago that began to change. We were going to be moving and I was not going to still be in Lansing... well, I'm still here. I'm getting invitations to open houses and such, and people are asking if I'm going to have one, but I've realized something. The big ta-do and everything I wanted a year ago is no longer something I want. Now all I want is to reunite my family which currently live in to very different areas.
Yes, an open house would be nice, but I don't care how big it is. In my eyes, it would be nice to just have one last little get together with all of my friends and "family" here in Lansing before I go, because who knows when I'll see them again. And as one person said, they'd like to be able to "congratulate me". What I'd really like is just a chance to spend time with them (and take a few pictures probably). The people here at NCCC are very special to me and I will miss them when I finally go.

No comments: